The Gerald Arpino Foundation presents
A Virtual Robert Joffrey Masterclass
Over the summer and through the fall, a series of three Robert Joffrey masterclasses were presented to enthusiastic reception. We are so grateful to those who participated in these events. These unique virtual experiences offered an opportunity to learn first hand from The Gerald Arpino Foundation’s repetiteurs who trained directly under Robert Joffrey.
Each masterclass is curated to provide a learning experience for dancers and teachers. Robert Joffrey enjoyed teaching students not only ballet class but also about dance history. Accompanying each class is a Lecture Demonstration. Mr. Joffrey used this format to educate audiences about the rigorous training of a dancer and to create an appreciation for dance.
The foundation will continue to present parts 4 and 5 of the series at future dates. Please keep checking our Facebook page and website for further information and updates about future masterclasses. We look forward to seeing you there!
Robert Joffrey Masterclass features
- a new class based on the foundations of the Robert Joffrey style
- team-taught by two master teachers of Robert Joffrey’s style: Charthel Arthur and Trinette Singleton
- receive feedback in real time
- submit questions in advance for Q&A session
- class time extended for more dancing, 1 hr 45 min
- all-new Lecture Demonstration video
This is an advanced level ballet class for both dancers and observers. There is no prerequisite required to taking the class.
If you would like to receive The Gerald Arpino Foundation newsletter, please email us at email@example.com.