The Gerald Arpino Foundation presents
Feb 19-21, 2021
A Virtual Robert Joffrey Masterclass
4th in a 5-part series
We are excited to announce the 4th Robert Joffrey Masterclass, Feb 19-21. Join us for a unique virtual experience and learn firsthand from the répétiteurs of The Gerald Arpino Foundation, who trained directly under Robert Joffrey. This is an advanced level ballet class for dancers and observers. No prior participation required to register.
Registration opens Mon, Feb 1 and closes Thur, Feb 18. This 4th masterclass will continue to examine Robert Joffrey’s meticulous attention paid to creating and teaching a ballet class. The lecture component will present the unique history of The Joffrey Ballet and why its legacy plays an important part in dance history.
When you register, you will receive two links:
- Lecture Demonstration video link. View this special presentation on your own time, before the masterclass.
- Zoom link for masterclass, Sun Feb 21 at 12:30pm-2:45pm, Central Time.
Robert Joffrey Masterclass features
- a new class based on the foundations of the Robert Joffrey style
- team-taught by two master teachers of Robert Joffrey’s style: Charthel Arthur and Trinette Singleton
- receive feedback in real time
- be seen by directors of The Joffrey Academy, Ballet West, Fort Wayne Ballet, and New York Dance Project
- submit questions in advance for Q&A session
- class time extended for more dancing, 1 hr 45 min
- all-new Lecture Demonstration video
This masterclass is offered on a pay-as-you-can basis. The recommended donation is $20 per participant. The minimum donation is $10 per participant.
Registrants will receive an all-new Lecture Demonstration video presented by the répétiteurs of The Gerald Arpino Foundation. Cameron Basden and Nicole Duffy Robertson pair up to lecture on significant revivals of rare ballets and the reconstruction of “lost works” which became a hallmark of Robert Joffrey’s legacy. Charthel Arthur and Trinette Singleton co-teach and share their insight and expertise on Robert Joffrey’s exercises. Dancers, Amber Bailey of Fort Wayne Ballet and Elizabeth Marlin of Ballet 5:8 demonstrate the exercises. Piano accompaniment by Colin DeJong of Hubbard Street Dance Chicago.
If you are participating as a dancer, please be sure the entire body can be clearly seen during the class by our teachers.
Admission is limited and only by registration. Check out our Facebook page!
There will be a Q&A session after the class. Please feel free to submit any questions beforehand to email@example.com.